Sunday, March 25, 2012

week of 3/19

I loved this, especially the tangy dressing. Colter loved the chicken dipped in avocado sauce. http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2012/02/chicken-tostadas-with-avocado-dressing.html

These were absolutely delicious, I have never dipped chicken in coconut milk before and I think that made it extra tender. I accidentally bought hot chili sauce so I about died when I dipped the chicken in a HUGE glob of sauce :) http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/01/coconut-chicken-w-sweet-chili-sauce-691.html

Chicken fajitas. I seasoned 3 chicken breasts with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, pepper, and salt, and a little oregano. Sauteed the chicken in diced chunks. Served with sauteed red/green peppers & red onion, and homemade guacamole.

Guacamole:
3 ripe avocados
1 large hothouse tomato (cut off the top and squeeze out the seeds & juice)
juice for 1 lime
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced fine
1-2 T red onion
salt & a little pepper to taste
Mash with a fork so it has a lumpy consistency


No comments:

Post a Comment