Sunday, November 6, 2011

week of 11/6

Sunday 11/6: http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/09/carne-asada.html

recipe review: awesome flavor, but we aren't the best at grilling and we cooked it too long. I would recommend grilling at med-high for 3-4 min on each side. I want to make this again because I know it could be amazing. I also didn't make the salsa or guac to save time, but this would be amazing with my sister's love sauce.

Monday 11/7: community group- no cooking



such a perfect meal for the chilly weather. Great flavor combo. I have never made anything with cauliflower before, and I actually really enjoyed it! This required quite a bit of time (roasting the garlic, etc), but I split up the work throughout the day, so when it came time for final prep, I popped the chicken in and mixed the pasta together. Delicious! This was Ben's favorite of the week.


Recipe review: Perfect balance of sweet and savory. You can't go wrong with spiced pecans.. and this is coming from a girl that doesn't normally love nuts! I opted not to use chicken in it because we were at a friend's house for dinner, but with it, this could definitely be a main dish. Will definitely make again.


This turned out to be the perfect day for tomato soup and grilled cheese, probably my favorite comfort food. I didn't fully blend everything together, which left a great texture. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to campbell's again.


recipe review: no review because I brought this to a family that recently had a baby. It smelled delicious though!

Saturday 11/12: out to dinner with friends


recipe review: This has pretty much all my favorite flavors- cilantro, lime, corn, garlic, and some spice. This recipe intimidated me, but it was so so tasty and really wasn't that much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment